Milan Attractions and Tourism: When in Milan Information
Milan is an extremely historic city in Italy IT, with a high concentration of tourist attractions. With an enormous selection of Milan tourism attractions for all the family, including ancient Milan landmarks and monuments, historic Italian ruins and structures, magnificent landscaped gardens and parks, there are also plenty of popular excursions to many towns and cities nearby Milan in Italy IT.
Milan also contains a bustling shopping centre, where you will find a range of high-street favourites, close to some exceptional Milan restaurants and street cafés.
Milan Attractions and Tourism: Major Places of Interest
Some of the most popular places to go and things to do in Milan include the following Milan landmarks and monuments.
Most of the main attractions in Milan are open daily. Admission at the Milan tourism attractions is often free, or fairly inexpensive.
- Archi di Porta Nuova (Porta Nuova Arches)
- Arco della Pace (Arch of Peace)
- Castello Sforzesco (Sforza Castle)
- Cimitero Monumentale (Cemetery)
- Conservatorio di Musica Giuseppe Verdi (Giuseppe Verdi Music Conservatory)
- Duomo Cathedral
- Fiera di Milano (Milan Trade Fair)
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Giardini Pubblici (Public Gardens)
- Grattacielo Pirelli (Pirelli Tower)
- Meazza (San Siro) Stadium
- Palazzo Borromeo (Borromeo Palace)
- Palazzo Cusani (Cusani Palace)
- Palazzo della Ragione (Ragione Palace)
- Palazzo di Guistizia (Guistizia Palace)
- Palazzo Isimbardi (Isimbardi Palace)
- Palazzo Litta (Litta Palace)
- Palazzo Marino (Marino Palace)
- Palazzo Reale (Reale Palace)
- Palazzo Sormani Andreani (Sormani Andreani Palace)
- Parco Sempione (Sempione Park)
- Porta Ticinese
- Rotonda della Besana
- Stazione Centrale (Central Station)
- Teatro alla Scala (Milan Opera House)
- Torre Velasca (Velasca Tower)
Milan Attractions and Tourism: Popular Excursions from Milan
Popular excursions close to Milan include short trips many scenics areas, including Lake Como (Lago Como), Lake Garda (Lago Garda) and Lake Maggiore (Lago Maggiore), all of which are within easy reach of central Milan. Hiring a car is a convenient way to travel outside of Milan, although other transport options in Milan include taxis, buses, trams, scooters, bicycles trains (Passante Ferroviario) and the inexpensive metro subway system.
Book your Milan Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Milan (MXP) Airports Information Guides
Milan (LIN) Airports Information Guides